Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Natural Weight Loss Supplements? Do They Work?

My wife keeps telling me that I need to lose weight. I probably tend to agree, but she keeps telling me about all natural weight supplements. They one she read about in Women's World Magazine said that paggsupplement.com provides an all-natural way to help me with my diet.

I am extremely skeptical of diets like these or supplements similar to these. What do you think? Do they work? Should I give it a shot?

Thanks!
Blake
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2011
Individual weight loss supplements have, in general, been shown to lead to weight loss compared to placebo. However, as an example of ECEG from green tea, the weight loss is typically equivalent to a few pounds over 6 months. This is nothing compared to the solid benefits of a lifestyle that includes exercise, calorie reduction and an increase in the overall quality of the diet. I usually tell my patients to spend their money on higher quality foods.

Mesa, AZ's most innovative approach to Chiropractic Medicine!!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 23rd, 2012
Trying to reduce unwanted weight has not really been easy with some people due to their body composition, but with determination and following the weight loss program, you will be able to achieve your desired result. Many people try to sell this and that for weight loss but the natural therapy is to discipline yourself and try to reduce fatty food going into your system, reduce sugar intake, soda etc. Eat fruits, vegetables and drink more water.

Thanks in advance.
John Messick
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.