Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

natural methods to grow taller after puberty

User Profile
i just want to know best and natural methods to grow taller after puberty i mean i am almost 25 now and i just want to now can i grow taller at this age or its all over for me now .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Growing taller is the epiphyseal plates growth and those long bones epiphyseal plates fuse at the average age of 18.If you try some publicity stunts now, you get get asymmetrical growth of bones which has not yet fused like collar bones, jaw bone and fingers, which will make you quite atypical, the condition is acromegaly and is full of troubles. So rely on what ever height you have and stay a healthy and exercise life with nothing to worry about.
Stay healthy and fit. Height does not matter
Take care
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2014
sorry, hate to say it, but it's unlikey that you'll be able to do anything to actually "grown taller". you can always try things like correcting your posture wich may add an inch or so (in appearance), but you can't fight genetics. Good luck.
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.