Hiya everyone!! Hope you are all well and so are your families.

Courtney is my first baby and she is now 16 months and the other day i had something from pampers in the post they sent a coupon and a easy up pant/nappy. Now i am well confused Rolling Eyes as to when she should be in these easy up nappies? I thought it would be when we want to train her on the potty? (Im not sure when we should be doin that either!)

So if any1 can help i will be most grateful Smile Smile

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I never potty trained my first child untill he was 2 and a half I didnt see the point in trying untill he was properly ready and he had better understanding. When we did get round to doing it, it went well and he picked it up quickly. Lucas, I did around his 2nd birthday he was much more independant so it made it easier. Although bear in mind they do say girls are easier than boys to train.
I am going to do the same with Alfie when he hits 2 we will try with him. I have had a potty in the house for the last couple of months and we dont really do much with it but I like to have it about and when he picks it up I tell him what its for. He doesnt really understand at the minute but by the time he is ready he will be more than used to seeing the potty around and it shouldnt be such an issue. My health visitor told me that babies dont really know when they need to go much before 18mths, some babies may be trained before this but thats more to do with the parents sitting them down to go rather than them doing this by there own.

On the subject of training pants, some may disagree but I think unless you are going out somewhere for the day they are a waste of money! You get less in the pack than nappies although they are the same price and sometimes more expensive. Also I tried using them for my first son and got nowhere. When I spoke to my health visitor she said not to use them because when the child wee's the training pants they soak it all up so they dont know what they have done, where as, if they are in normal pants they will be wet and begin to realise that isnt such a nice experience! (Just to cover myself... Not that I left my children in thier wet undies, I always changed them straight away)

This is just my experience and advice I was given! I hope I havent gone on too much and hope it helps!!
|
Users who thank Jolie_3110 for this post: nickyandalan 

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2008
Supporter
I don't think i'm going to use them to be honest, they're more expensive and you get less. Mika's just started to understand when she needs her nappy changed now at nearly 18months but nothing more than that, she wants to go on the toilet because that's what she sees her cousins doing and she idolises them but she doesn't know why she she wants to go on the toilet but i let her sit on it anyway.
|
Users who thank Dannzibelle for this post: nickyandalan 

Experienced User
Thanks girls for the replies, they were helpful to me. I decided that we will stick to the one's she has now and potty train her when she's about 2 yrs old. Might get a potty so she get's used to it bein there as well.

I think she's gettin her 9th tooth through! She's been a little rascal for a few days and just bitein anything she can get hold hold on dribblin everywhere giggle bless her!!

Hey Dannii do you have any recent pics of Mika Wink wanna she how big she's grown!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|

User Profile
Supporter
I do have some recent pics on my camera but i can't find the usb cable anywhere at the moment so i'll post some once i've found it i promise! She's HUGE though! Only a little bit shorter than her 3 year old cousin, chatters away and has 8 teeth now! Going to get her weighed on monday too when the health visitor comes over and i can tell she'll be massive! she's a struggle to carry now!
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....