Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

nails on both of my big toes have turned pretty yellow

User Profile
Hi I'm a 23 year old woman.
I've recently noticed that the nails on both of my big toes have turned pretty yellow, they don't seem different from normal aside from the color change. The nail of one other toe has a slightly yellowish hue as well.
It looks nothing like any of the pictures I've seen of fungal infections which makes me wonder what else could cause it?
I haven't used nail polish for years and I walk around barefoot a lot (not in public but at home).

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2014
Foot Disorders Answer A47886
Thank you for asking!
Yellow nails if symptoms less then no worries. avoid bare feet walking. trim your nails in u shaped avoid edges. keep good hygiene. the issue seems innocuous and nothing to worry about but if you are still bugged about it, seek a podiatrist and let them examine your feet and sooth your nerves.
Following things need to be rule dout after examination and if need be work up.
Diabetes mellitus;

Amyloidosis;
nerve injury;
Thermal injury; and
Jaundice.
Consider yellow nail syndrome if you have lymphedema and bronchiectasis.
Rest assured there is nothing to worry about.
visit our health centre for further guidance
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.