I have had a cold for the past almost 3 weeks. I have a cough that comes and goes, nasal congestion, as well as difficult breathing at times (I have asthma). In the morning when I wake up I seem to have a white mucus in the back of my throat, as well as during the day when i cough, or blow my nose. My doctor told me this is just part of a URI that's going around. I went into the doctor a couple weeks ago for this due to swollen tonsils, and just felt it was a viral URI due to the white mucus, and negative blood and strep tests. At what point should I get concerned? Ive had 3 URI's this winter this is the first with a cough which isn't all bad at least not confined chest congestion. Ive tried mucinex, and vics neither seems to help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2013
I've been doing a lot of research lately on the benefits of liquid silver. I've read that it kills over 650 micro-organisms and has helped many through the cold and flu seasons. I've also come across a nasal spray that combines zinc and silver and helps with sinus and mucous problems. Angstrom minerals was one that was popular with these two products. Essential oils is also an other alternative that might be helpful. Maybe try doTERRA breathe? Hopefully this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...