User Profile
I'm very sick and don't know exactly what it is. My symptoms are fever, chills, sometimes cold sweats, loss of appetite (haven't eaten much in 2 days), when I eat its hard to hold it down and I feel like I have to throw up. My stomach hurts and I'm hungry, but can't eat. My hands also feel clammy and I'm constantly cold. Can someone please help me figure this out? I'm thinking it could be a stomach virus, but I'm really not sure. Any help would be much appreciated! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2010
Community Volunteer
How long has this been going on? How often do you have to pee or poo? Do you have kidney pain?

Sounds like your body is trying to fight an infection whether it be a virus or bacterial in nature, unknown.

If it is bacterial then your doctor would prescribe antibiotics...virus just has to run its course.

Keep yourself hydrated and you may need to visit your doctor if no improvement or symptoms gets worse.

Zig
|
Users who thank zigemyster for this post: ACarole 

replied October 24th, 2010
Have you recently had any sexual encounters? sorry to be asking but sounds like you might want to get things checked out by a few simple blood tests. Not trying to scare you or anything but better safe than not.
|
Users who thank kieferjoe for this post: ACarole 

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2010
I appreciate you both taking the time to answer my post. Since writing last, I started noticing my symptoms going away las night. I've been able to eat, and since getting 9 hours of sleep my body feels a little bit better. I was told to still go to the Doctor, just to make sure.

And its fine to ask, yes I have engaged in sexual intercourse, what would you think has happened?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
Sounds like the flu to me.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....