I really need some advice. Last August I met someone and we made out. We never really had sex because we didn't have a condom. But we performed oral on each other and he fingered me. And I remember he also touched his penis before fingering.

After 1 weeks after the first time I woke up with an intense pain in my right ovary. The pain did go away in 3 or 4 days and after that I totally forgot about it. Then like one week before my next period I had pain right side of my uterus and there was quite heavy flow. Pain never went away but diminished with every period. I couldn't lie on my left side for months because I feel like there is a mass there and it tries to move down. And after the second period after event I had something like vaginal thrush with excess amount of discharge but the thing is there was no smell or color. While the situation is awkward with my uterus a burnish tinglish feeling occurred in right side of my groin. Next month with period I had it on both side. This feeling is like burning, tingling and it occurs in inner thighs, groin and right side of lower abdominal.

But I have swollen lymph glands in my groin since then and they hurt sometimes even without touching them. And sometimes I feel like a bloaty feeling where my right ovary is. I got tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis and HIV. It all came out negative. The blood work and urine work came out normal. But just in case she put me on antibiotics for the swelling but it didn't help. The doctor said everything seems ok but I feel something is wrong. My immune system is collapsing. I lost a lot of weight. I get sick easily.

For two months ago I got pneumonia and with that I got two more swollen gland in my groin and one in my neck and since then I have sore throat. I somehow feel like these two situation is connected.

So please help me. What can it be? I even get tested against lymphoma and leukemia. It's all clear but the swollen glands scare me a lot.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be due to STDs (e.g., gonococcal infection, herpes simplex virus, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum etc), infection in foot, fungal infection, dermatitis in pelvic area, boils in pelvic area etc. Other than this tuberculosis, pelvic malignancy and lymphoma could be the other causes.

It is very important to rule out fungal infection by vaginal swab test for this. Also please repeat complete STD panel three months after the exposure. Another important thing to rule out is bacterial vaginosis. Also test for TB and for diabetes as both conditions can cause weight loss and lower immunity. Complete blood count, and peripheral blood smear should also be tested.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.