So, for about the past 5 years I've had a place on the left side of the top of my forehead going back in to my hairline. It's not always there, but when I bend over or lay on that side it fills up with some kind of fluid. I've been to numerous doctors who all just kind of think it's nothing... but it's uncomfortable and a bit scary... anyone here ever experienced anything like this? I'm at my wits end and kind of terrified it's something bad.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2018
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

An ultrasound of the area is required to look for possible loculated fluid. The positional change can also be done during the ultrasound. An ultrasound is non invasive investigation and if there is any positive finding then further confirmation/worlkup including an MRI or CT Scan can be done.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sinusitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.