Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

my thoughts don't leave me?

User Profile
my thoughts don't leave me.i like a person but iv never told him.i always think about him although i don't want to think about him.please guide me how to stop my thoughts.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2011
Depression Answer A28427
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the thoughts disturbing you . You have also made a mention of depression and currently being on antidepressants.
Cognitive behavioral therapy can play an important role in changing the thought patterns and helping your cause.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is an action-oriented form of psychosocial therapy that assumes that maladaptive, or faulty, thinking patterns cause maladaptive behavior and "negative" emotions. (Maladaptive behavior is behavior that is counter-productive or interferes with everyday living.) The treatment focuses on changing an individual's thoughts (cognitive patterns) in order to change his or her behavior and emotional state.
You can consult your psychiatrist and discuss the same for the definitive management is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasize the final diagnosis as the same is not possible online and the information provided is for patient education only and does not substitute consultation with your personal physician.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.