Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

My son says i scld too much, i am his step mom

My son is 6 years old.yesterday he was not allowed to watch TV as his father was watching it. He asked me to tell his father to let him watch TV.When i said to him to wait for some time.He was sad, started crying , and said that you alays scold him, that means you are my step mother.What do i do?Is their something wrong in my parenting .please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Your son, at his young age, is acting out and trying to seek more attention.

Do not get disheartened. Try to talk to him, and tell him that such tricks are not gonna get additional sympathy for him.

Just do as much as you can, as much as you would do, if he was your biological son, and try to gain his respect without coercion.

Most probably, he will come around over time.

|
Users who thank DEEPAK ANVEKAR for this post: shubhra19 

replied May 8th, 2011
Thank you very much for the advice.I felt better after reading your reply.Thank a lot.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.