Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

my sex drive completely changed.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I cant seem to stay wet during intercorse... Im 24 and have one kid and after i had her my sex drive completely changed. i love my boyfriend and im turned on at first but after i have an orgasm i go dry please help!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A25939
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms could be due to vaginal infections, estrogen deficiency, etc. Consider visiting your gynecologist for thorough evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate would be started to help you (based on examination and investigation results). Drink plenty of water. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection and avoid having unprotected intercourse while both of you are on treatment course. Take adequate rest. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes (make sure your undergarments are washed properly and have no traces of detergent in them).
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.