Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

My right side hurts ovary or possible that I have endo?

I searched all over the internet and the only thing that kept coming up was that my side is hurting because of my appendix. Well it is not a sharp non stop pain, I do not have a fever. It's been at least four days that I've been experiencing this. The feeling is more of annoying pain right now , It is also a little swollen, and sore. It happens every so often and when it does it lasts for about four or five days. I've had pain before that was 10x times worse that I thought it was my appendix. I think about every single time I get these pains I freak out that it's my appendix...but it is my ovary. I want to know why I get these pains and why is it only my right side?

I've had surgery when I was 15 because I had an ovarian cyst on my left side. Would that effect my left ovary at all. And is it possible that I have endometresis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the one sided pain that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. If the symptoms have been persistent for more than 24-48 hours, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|

replied November 29th, 2012
I had sex with my bff on 13th of nov. Then I came on what I think and hope was my period. Thanksgiving day I got back with my ex and we have been having sex with him ever night from the23rd til the 28th every time he cums in my and yesterday morning I woke up with pain in my right ovarie can I be prego. And if so who baby is it more likely to be?
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.