Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

my right lymph node in throat is a little swollen

User Profile
I have had minor asthma since childhood (have never had major symptoms only used inhalers when got a cold or flu). As a teenager i thought i was invincible and was a smoker, cut down over time but i finally wised up and quit about 5 weeks ago after catching bronchitis. I got antibiotics and it cleared up, but have noticed what i thought were side effects from quitting smoking like coughing up dark mucus, regularly clearing my throat, and occasional hoarseness and headaches. Went back to doctor, as being stuffed up is regular for me i thought post nasal drip could be a factor so got different antibiotics for sinus infection. I have since noticed what i think is my right lymph node in throat is a little swollen but isnt uncomfortable. No hunger or weight loss. With that and the constant throat clearing and hoarseness i am becoming concerned. Is this normal for someone with possible sinus problems and cleansing smoking toxins from body? When should i become more worried? Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2011
Gland Disorders Answer A28542
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description of the symptoms, it seems that you had a streptococcal infection resulting in bronchitis, which cleared with the antibiotics.

The current issues including the enlarged lymph node, indicate that you have are due to persistent bronchial irritation, associated with persistent inflammation.

There is no need to worry about it. You can try some OTC Advil or motrin for a few days, which will relieve the inflammation and relieve the symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.