I am new to this group. I am 26 years old and was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, border-line Lupus (whatever that means) and now the doctor is saying Fibro.
About 2 years ago, I started to experience really bad wrist pain. Soon after it moved to my elbows, shoulders, finger, and in every muscle in between.
I started to get checked out by going to my family doctor. He first sent me for carpal tunnel nerve testing, but we ruled that out. Then all the sudden the pain spread to my ankles, toes, knees, hips, and also what seemed like every muscle in between.
I told my family doctor, so he tested my blood for Rheumatoid. When the numbers came back positive and high, he sent me to my Rheumatologist.
She started me off on Prednisone 5mg 5 for 5 day, 4 for 5 days, 3 for 5 day, etc until I was down to half of one. She also put me on Plaqunil (bad spelling) 200mg, twice a day. I started to feel better, but I would still have some bad days. I went through my Prednisone and had been off for about 3 weeks when the pain started to come back full force and the worse it had EVER been. Just yesterday morning, I was no even able to walk (barely) I was taking baby steps, and walking as light as my big body would carry me. I was in the middle of waiting for more blood to come back, but in such serious pain. I just had to deal with the pain, because she wouldn't even give me a pain killer until tests came back. Some of my blood work came in yesterday and I went in for an emergency appt. She put me back on Prednisone same dosage as before, and Methotrexate 4 pills, one day a week, PLUS the plaqunil 200mg twice a day, PLUS folic acid. My first Methotrexate was an injection. I feel pretty sick and havn't been able to hold down food since yesterday. The predisone is making me feel a little better, but just last night I was up until 3:30am with bad body pain. It felt like I have restless BODY syndrome. I may have made that up on my own. lol. I cry, I complain, I suffer. I have a 1 and a half year old daughter. I just want to be better. I can't stand, or walk for more then 5 minutes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2012
First off, I am so sorry about the pain you are enduring everyday. I take Plaquenil for my RA, and at first it was helpful, but now I feel fatigued again, and it hasn't helped with the pain (yet). I have only been on it about 3 weeks. You said something about Restless Body...it made me think about how I feel a crawly sensation all over my body when I am having a flare up..is that what you meant? It makes you have to move alot because it is so uncomfortable. By the way, I am 36...but I feel 86. I can't imagine having a toddler and feeling this way. My heart goes out to you!
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
Hi, has your Doc mentioned Polymyalgia Rheumatica? I am 54 but was diagnosed with this over 3 years ago. I am still on 10mg prednisalone a day, I can't go lower, as it flares right up. I was told I was too young to have it, but I did. Worth a mention, hope you feel better soon!
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....