Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

my partner no longer loves me

always thought we were the perfect match until the day i told my partner that i was pregnant with our first child, he had always said he wanted us to have children but once it happened something inside him changed, he didnt want to have the baby and made it very obvious to everyone, after alot of torment from him i decided to keep my baby and gave him the choice to leave if he wanted wih the promise that i wouldnt make him pay maitainance if he didnt want to be a part of our lives. but for some reason he decided to stay, ever since that day he has been distant from me, he never kisses me, hugs me, touches me, he now sleeps on the other side of the bed from me, we never speak and he never shows that he loves me, as you would probably guess we have no sex life either. Over the past 2 years this has got worse, to the point that i am never happy anymore and we fight. Va Crying or Very sad lentines day came and i didnt even get a card, things since then have been terrible as i cant figure out what is wrong with me and why he hates me, when we fight he tells me its my fault cause im never happy anymore, i try my best to do everything to make him happy and its never good enough. Yesterday we had a really big fight and he threatens me that if we break up i cannot move home to Sydney ( we live in queensland) as i cant go anywhere when there is a joint custordy case. Yet tells me he cant even look at me anymore. i am so miserable, i dont know what to do and need advice, if we break up then i couldnt stay here as i have no one here for support. please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2009
Supporter
If I were you, I would seek counseling.. Try a community center and see what they have, in a way of a support group.

I went to one called "healthy relationship" and it covered a lot of topic's, but it was great, helped me realize things about me and things about my partner.. they have a play care for your baby to go to while your there. They will be able to help you. You only have to ask.

Once you have gone a few time, you will become a lot stronger in your self and though process so you won't allow yourself to be bullied.
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2009
Supporter
you can go any where you want especially if you dont have a place to live. talk to someone to make sure what i m telling you is in line.
i get child support and i left philly to florida. we lost contact with my child's dad b/c he always change houses & cells phones.
anyway, he probably felt differently when you decided to keep the baby, when he apposed. he probably felt like you traped him when you gave him an altimatum. he's probably not happy with the current situation.
your not married to him, i wouldnt go on living like this. start talking to people you can trust.
when i left my horrible ex boyfriend. i plot and planned and i packed my suicases while he was at work and moved to florida. (my ex not my child's dad).
he made it clear to you that he doesnt want to be in that relationship.
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2009
Please dear friend -- get away from him. Did you tell him the truth? Did you tell him what you want from him? Did you look him in the eyes and lay it all on the line?

Sure you did. I know you did. Now leave, because there is nothing else more to say.
|

replied August 26th, 2009
Girl are you just not there? He didn't leave you because he doesn't want to pay child support. You don't deserve that and neither does your baby. Leave him. Most courts favor the mom. and if you move he would have to come visit you. You are nuts chick. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ABUSE.
|