Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

My mother often suffers from flares

My mother has lived with lupus for 3 years. She used to take Prednisone and Plaquenil to deal with the disease, her symptoms were also relieved in a while time. But, wrist pain, tiredness and unexpalined fever have occured when she must finish deadlines. Love her, but I have no idea how to help her overcome lupus flare ups. Who can share with me experience to deal with the disease? I wanna help my mother. Thank you so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper emma357
|

replied April 5th, 2018
Maybe her deadlines cause stress that triggers lupus flares. The best ways to reduce a flare are:
- avoiding stress
- eating healthy foods
- having healthy lifestyles
- avoiding sun exposure
- taking supplements
Has your mother focused on healthy diet and lifestyle?
|

replied April 5th, 2018
thanks for your reply, emma357. I always tell my mother to go to bed early, but she can't cut down some important taks on and often goes to bed late. Although she's tired, she must complete them. Everyday, she eats foods that are rich in vitamins and anti-inflammatory properties. Lupus flares still return
|

replied April 5th, 2018
I think you should advise your mother on reducing her work. It's the biggest trigger of her flare. Avoiding stress, focusing healthy diet and taking supplement may help her prevent lupus flares
|

replied April 5th, 2018
I heard that people with lupus shouldn't take supplements becasue they boost the immune system that attacks healthy tissues mistakenly
|

replied April 5th, 2018
you're maybe right. Some supplements aren't good for lupus patients. But others help balance the immune system and reduce flare ups. You can consider lupufree, vitamin D3, vitamin b12 complex supplements. I used to take lupufree and have good changes, so not all supplements aren't good for people with lupus.
|

replied April 7th, 2018
thank you,I'll consider these supplements.
|
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....