Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

my mood is all over but no period!

User Profile
I have irregular periods infact i've not had one since jan. I started Marvelon just over 3 weeks ago and am now on my pill free week but i've not come on (I'm due to start the pills again thursday) I've not had sex whilst on the pill but had sex with condom about 3 weeks before. I've taken two tests both negative. I have a little 'period' pain, back ache and my mood is all over but no period! Very worried and hard for me to see the GP as im disabled and my mother would want to know why etc.
Please help

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A25200
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You should have started using the birth control pills after having your periods. Since your periods are irregular, it is difficult to predict your ovulation (egg release from ovary). Unprotected intercourse at anytime can lead to pregnancy, if egg is present in your system around the time of intercourse. Since you were not on any birth control at the time of unprotected intercourse, you should have considered using emergency contraception within 24-48 hours of unprotected sexual contact to prevent pregnancy. If you have not had any sexual contact after starting with the birth control pills, pregnancy occurring after starting with the pills can be ruled out. If pregnancy is suspected, it would have occurred before you started with the birth control pills. Wait and watch for your periods/withdrawal bleeding. Do not start with the next pill pack if you suspect to be pregnant. Look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of early pregnancy if you suspect to be pregnant. If periods do not start or if you develop any other new symptoms, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance.
Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.