Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

my mom is insane what should i do ?

Hi I don't know how to deal with this anymore I can't find a job but I get benefits but I live with my mom it is a living hell she constantly insults me tells me and argues with me over everything it hurts me I feel like killing myself when she starts talking all this crap to me idk how to deal with her what should I do.?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper WenaJ
|

replied December 30th, 2012
Good for you for looking for a job - keep it up. I know the economy is really rough in many areas these days. But this will get you one step closer to your goal--which at this point I'm guessing is to move out and start living your own life for you.

As hard as it may be at times, try to keep your calm with your mom. Sometimes the littlest things can 'tick' a person off, even though most of the time we regret it when we're done. This will hopefully make things just a little bit easier until you can get on your own two feet. In the mean time, why don't you look into things that interest you? Volunteering somewhere can be very rewarding. Not only will it help you take your mind off of your own problems that you may have at home, but it can also serve as a valuable addition to your resume which can help you get that job that your looking for.
Just hang in there. Things, as bad as they can seen at the time, always get better Smile Hope this helps you at least a little bit.
|

replied January 1st, 2013
Hi thank u I did find you're advice helpful I got a call from my social worker saying they were going to need to put me in a training program I'm a bit happy cuz I won't be at home so much anymore like u said it will distract me I'm gonna try to feel better thank u for listening and replying. _evy. Smile
|

replied December 30th, 2012
its good that your looking for a job , as a growing woman you should be proud that your learning how to be independent and being able to take care of yourself physically and emotionally is a big step in adulthood and maturity.
as for your mom you should take into consideration maybe confronting her about the way you feel towards the way she approaches you , after all she needs to know that as a mother she should be helping you succeed and she should be trying to be a good role model. if I was in your shoes I would try to confront her in the nicest yet serious way and tell her how much it hurts and how much you take it to heart the way she speaks to you, that after all your trying and maybe talking about your feelings and problems as well as trying to come up with solutions to resolve them together an make a bond between the both of you. I myself know that its very difficult confronting my mom, but at some point you'll have to do it , anyways what do you have to lose? your already in the position were you think your in the depths of hell, all you can do is gain more respect for yourself by telling her how you feel , in the end its better to speak out now what on your mind than stay quite and later on regret for not saying anything. hope I was helpful sorry for making it so long
|

replied January 1st, 2013
Hello thank u for replying and listening to me I have been thinking of confronting my mom although she kind of intimidates me but I will I.just wanna. Know why she is like that but I am planning to talk to her today and she what she says and how she reacts. Thank u for the advice. Smile I feel a bit better now
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....