Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

My mind doesn't shut off, I feel like I can't make contact

I'm depressed. I have anxiety too! And OCD. My mind doesn't shut off and I feel like I can't make contact with other people. It's scaring the hell out of me!!! I feel like the only emotions I can feel are anxiety and depression and fear. Other than that, I feel empty. Like nothing means anything. And yes, I'm on an antidepressant and I exercise, eat right and take vitamins. I don't know when my mind turned against me. I look at other people living so carefree and wonder why I can't be that way. I feel flat in my emotions, but today I cried. I don't know how much more I can take. I feel like I have nothing inside me to hold onto. Does that make sense? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....