Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

My husband and I both have HSV2 and want a family. Possible?

My husband and I both have genital HSV2, can we still have healthy babies? or is that impossible now? I had a previous relationship and had a healthy baby girl from it, and then when i married my husband, i contracted HSV2 from him, because he did not know he had it. Now we both have it and have had our initial outbreaks, but we want a family. We are scared that we cannot have a happy healthy family without passing it to our children.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2013
Yes it is possible!!! You have to take proper precautions and if you have frequent outbreaks your doctor may choose to put you on antibiotics toward the end of your pregnancy just to be sure, but I promise, it is possible. In fact, less than 1 percent of women pass it along to their baby. So smile and get going!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....