Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

my history implies i may have a difficult time.

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Healthy 21 yr old female.
During my teenage years my period was very upsetting. It would be very irregular (late), sometimes skipping cycles for months. The pain was quite unbearable and i'd have to stay home from school. It was definitely a stressful time for me though, but idk if that could of had such a large impact. Doctors never gave me answers.
Nowadays my period cramps are painful but nothing to stay home over. My cycle remains irregular sometimes but only by up to 1-2 weeks.

Sex for the first time was very painful. My boyfriend was of average size but it took about a month of regular attempts before it was truly pleasurable for me as opposed to mostly painful.

Again, nowadays sex is painless and pleasurable so everything appears normal now.

Also, there is no history of infertility problems in my family.

I want kids in my future but i am afraid my history implies i may have a difficult time. What should i do?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2014
Infertility Answer A48720
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Irregular periods during puberty could be due to anovulatory menstrual cycles. Persistent irregular periods could suggest possibilities including secondary amenorrhea due to obesity or increase in body fat percentage, brain or pituitary tumors, PCOS, ovarian suppression, premature ovarian failure, thyroid dysfunction, use of certain medications, changes in stress levels or lifestyle, hormonal derangements, etc. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation (physical examination, blood and hormonal work-up, ultrasound scan) to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you get your periods and regulate them. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.