Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

My girlfriend feels like we are having sex when im not there.

My girlfriend sometimes feels like I'm inside her when I'm not even there... in a bad way. She says that it feels like I'm raping her when it happens, but she's had these feelings before and said that they were good. I've cheated on her while drunk at a party and since then sworn off booze. She found out about it though so that's why I believe that the feelings have turned bad for her. I only recently found out about it and she told me they didn't happen a lot but she's felt it 3 times in the past month now. I'm worried she's schizophrenic and the trauma of finding out what I did is causing her to have more episodes of this. She used to be a very violent child and has a lot of issues with her parents, her mom in particular, and still has problems with her emotions getting angry or overwhelmed in situations most people could handle. That was happening before I cheated on her but it's gotten understandably worse since.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
here is an old saying; NEVER get involved with anyone who has more baggage than you.
if gf is mentally ill and u have a child; she can pass this disease on
wish u well
|

replied August 4th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
It actually isn't genetic at all.

How could it be? That doesn't make sense.
|

replied August 4th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, just because genetics don't make sense to you does not mean genetics are not involved in mental illness.
since it is common to run in families; genetics obviously have a large part.
not everyone should be parents and so what if someone says ; "I WANT A BABY" the world is full of those who say "I want -----"
so would u advise a mentally ill person to have children is that what u believe is a good idea?
If a person has problems dealing with family, business, the public at large; how exactly are they ever going to raise a child? without a job, always at odds with neighbors, family etc. When a person cannot function well in society WHY would any sane person recommend that they ADD TO THEIR BURDEN a child that needs and deserves 24 hr a day assistance; NOW THEY HAVE 10 TIMES AS MANY PROBLEMS. That is all that is being pointed out here.
good luck
|

replied August 4th, 2011
Of course they shouldn't have children.

But I can think of about a million or so give or take different reasons why no one should have children.

And it doesn't make sense to me for very good reasons, the cause of this disease if you can call it that is not in the body, it isn't the brain, and it isn't genetics, or something bad that happened to you, it's not because you hit your head, or because you took drugs.
|

replied August 4th, 2011
And your girlfriend may be on to something there, not that you are literally raping her or anything.

But it's a principle she might be aware of.

I think thats why alot of us say things like this, you are raping me, you are poisining me, you are going to kill me, it's not to be taken literal is it?

Just ask her why she is thinking these things, you can start by getting to the heart of the problem that she is having, because unfortunately, you could be raping her.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....