Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

My gf recently lost her sister, mood swings are crazy

I've been with my girlfriend for a year now. We've been threw alot of things together,but just recently she loat her baby sister in a car crash. Before she had a reputation for mood swings. But now they are crazy. One moment she pissed over a simple question, or she might not find something and become angry. But she might start laughing at something and want to talk to me. I'm wondering if theirs something I can do to help my love? I'm scared that I might not be able to help her. She also has an extreme loss in sleep. Last night we stayed up till 4 in the morning. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with acute stress reaction. She would need anxiolytic like midazolam and professional counselling.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.