Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

My Experience With Medical Abortion

Hi there 26 years old, don’t really want children and my birth control failed me. On the pill for 10 years and I was starting to feel not myself, snappy, irritated, overly emotional and my Gyno said to get an IUD. No more pills, SWEET! I got pregnant while changing birth control. My fault I stopped my pill and work consumed me and was a week behind getting my iud. So..pregnant. The morning sickness alone was horrible around 4 weeks. At 5 weeks I went to the clinic where they ask every question possible, pee sample, blood test and ultrasound to see how far along I am. Next appointment 2 days later I got a large antibiotic pill and the first pill that blocks the hormone. No effects from that at all but my morning sickness made me throw up an hour after taking it but I called the office and they said it would’ve been absorbed by then. Phew. Next day I put the 4 pills between my cheeks and gums at 4:00. Exactly 24 hours after my first pill at the clinic. Half hour went by and I was foaming at the mouth with that chalky nasty stuff but at 30 minutes I swallowed everything and some Gatorade. I felt cramps within a half hour, very very mild. Then more intense cramps for another hour. Between 6-9 at night the cramps were so horrible I could barely get up. I’m not a wimp but these were probably a 7 on my scale. BUT, no blood. I’m thinking the worst at that point that my cervix didn’t open and the clots are too big and everything plugged inside me I’m going to go into septic shock and die. I felt so dizzy and it hurt so much I was exhausted I passed out. 2:00 AM comes and finally some blood and clots. Nothing crazy just a normal period with a few large clots. The day has gone on and now I’m just spotting. So 3 scenarios; I either lucked out and am fine and light bleeding, am fine and with bleed off and on for a while, am not fine and will need it suctioned out. I feel totally fine so I’m going to wait until Monday morning to call and see what they say. I will update
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2019
Extremely eHealthy
Please do update. The way it looks to me is that you were early enough that a few large clots is all that can be expected. Good luck!
|

replied February 7th, 2019
So the pills did not work, I am scheduled for the suction procedure tomorrow. Wish me luck I will update
|

replied February 8th, 2019
So, went and got the surgical abortion. Going to start off with I got there my amazing nurse told me 5, yes FIVE other women within 2 weeks had failed medical abortions. I smell a recall coming. Somethings just not right with that. Anyways, after the pretty bad cramps of a medical I thought there was no way a surgical could be that bad. So I went to my appointment, waited and watched women go in for 20 minutes then come back into the recovery room. I had local so I wasn’t sedated or anything. I was most nervous about dialating my cervix but I didn’t even feel that. It started like this, lay flat, feet in sturrups, they feel around then BAM the speculum is in. Then dialating (didn’t feel) but what came next... the cramps!! About 5 mind blowing cramps. I can tolerate pain but holy hell those were bad. Aaannnnd before I could even get worked up about it it was over. They did an ultrasound for good measure. Got me dressed and out to the recovery room I went. Medical abortion 4/10 pain scale ; surgical 7/10 but it only lasted a minute so it was worth it. I’ve had a sharp few pains but I feel really good.mild bleeding so far. I am glad it’s over with and hope my experience helps someone out there struggling
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...