User Profile
Hi Im 19 160 pounds i have been having chest pains for about 5 months pretty constantly and random breathing trouble i have seen cardiologist and had ekgs, echo, stress test, cardiac MRI and all seem to be normal and my ejection fraction said 50-55% I have read that thatcan be low or normal I was wondering if I should be concerned or not thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2015
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A55251
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

You are very young and unless you have predisposing medical conditions (congenital or familial genetic disorders) it is unlikely that you will have cardiovascular disorders.

Since you have been examined and all medical tests done so far have been found to be normal, there is no need to be worried that you have a serious medical issue.

Your symptoms could be more due to stress or musculoskeletal fatigue or over exertion induced sprain.

Some conditions like Fibromyalgia , costochondritis , chronic pain syndromes could sometimes present in a minority of patients , who have issues like severe anxiety, stress and a low pain threshold.

Costochondritis is inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. The condition causes localized chest wall pain and tenderness that you can reproduce by pushing on the involved cartilage in the front of the rib cage. Most cases of costochondritis have no apparent cause, and they usually subside spontaneously without treatment.

Relax and apply Hot water bags on the painful area. For the time being, your pain if intolerable or annoying can be treated with anti-inflammatory medications like Ibuprofen, Celexa etc. In your case since such medications are not helping you can consult your doctor or a psychiatrist who might prescribe you medications like Imipramine or amitryptyline which can be highly effective to control your pain.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.