Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

My brother automatically lost the control over body

User Profile
Fits,When Attack the Fits My brother automatically lost the control over body and after that he made injuries due to this,i observed that his eyes comes at one end,and also knock the hands and legs at the time,Every time its happened when the fiver comes..

Current Medicine :- Epilone(EveryDay) form 5-6years..

Please I need your kind Replay on my mail ???

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2011
Epilepsy Answer A29718
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the history, it is certain that your brother is suffering from epilepsy, which is not been properly treated.

Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which a person has repeated seizures (convulsions) over time. Seizures are episodes of disturbed brain activity that cause changes in attention or behavior.

Epilepsy occurs when permanent changes in brain tissue cause the brain to be too excitable or jumpy. The brain sends out abnormal signals. This results in repeated, unpredictable seizures.

With respect to cure of epilepsy, for many people, epilepsy is a lifelong condition depending on the cause. In these cases, the anti-seizure drugs need to be continued for a long time. Stopping medications can result in relapse of the condition with seizures.

In case, he is still getting seizures inspite of being on Eptoin, it indicates that his does is insufficient or he is not taking the medications regularly.

You may need to consult with a neurologist for a examination and tests including a MRI to rule out any other issues.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.