Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

My boyfriend thinks I'm a nymphomaniac

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
An I a nympho?
Yes
No
40%  40%  [ 2 ]
60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5
Im only 17 years old and my sexual drive is rediculous. I can't ever seem to get enough, I'm always wanting more. Me and my boyfriend had sex 16 times in one day, and I still wanted more. We don't go a day with out having sex at the least 3-5 times. Sometimes I'll neglect to feed myself for a whole day because I spent it having sex with him, sometimes he'll have to remind me "babe lets take a break and eat some food, you should be hungry" there's not really anything that stops me from having sex with him either, if we're in public ill take him to the bathroom, I've even had sex on a blanket behind a bush, I've even had sex with my boyfriend while there were numerous people in the room we just did it secretively so no one would know. If my boyfriend doesn't have sex with me, I'll get mad. The only dreams I have are of sex or masturbating. Sometimes after we had just had sex, as little as 10 minutes after ill want to go again. I don't have sex with anyone else so I'm not worried about my health. I'm just wondering if maybe I should see a psychiatrist for maybe mental issues? My boyfriend and his best friend both say I'm a nymphomaniac, so my question is, am I?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Aly4695
|

replied January 7th, 2012
I'm not sure if your a nymphomaniac or not, thats alot of sex though, and I'm a bit jelous, lol.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
Hahaha, don't be jealous. Jealousy is a pointless emotion, I feel. If you want something, go get it. (:
|

replied July 27th, 2015
Que tu sois nympho ou pas c'est a toi de te juger, la seule chose l'exces en tout nuit, tu dois pour toi meme apprendre a refreiner tes pulsions parce qu'au final les consequences c'est toi seule qui les paieras, je te parle en connaissance de cause. Moi,aussi a une epoque j'etais au bord de la nymphomanie. AU moins 5 a 6 fois au cours de la journee, je me suis prise moi meme sure cure, j'ai ete obligee de plaquer mon copain pour y arriver. Et j'ai tenu 6 mois qui me parraissaient long d'une annee entiere, et lorsque j'allais chuter je rencontrai un homme fort plus grand que moi qui compris mon probleme et a decide de m'aider. Il se courbait a tout mes caprices tout en gardant une forte autorite sur moi et c'est ce qui jusqu'a present me permet de refreiner mes pulsions et aujourd'hui je parviens a tenir jusqu'a 22 jours sans faire le sexe. J'ai fait un transfert de mes envies et j'ai appris a apprecier la presence au lieu de faire le sexe.
|

replied March 5th, 2012
I am jealous too! Lately I am lucky if I get in once a month... It use to be every weekend... And if I talk about sex or say I want it I'm "a sex addict" or "I always want sex" we'll of course I do I'm 17 and he is 20... I don't even know what to do any more I dress sexy and put make up on.. Nothing.. I can't make out with him, bite his neck or do anything with out him getting mad so I just cry every time... And it's always about him... Sad I dream about having sex with other guys and think about leaving him for the lack of sex but he lives with me and won't have any where to go... I don't know any more... :/ I also wish he would say I'm beautiful or sexy... Bit no... It's going to be 2 years soon and I am really thinking twice about our relationship... I'm just going insane!!!!! >Sad
|

replied May 30th, 2012
As a Satyro with a Nympho girlfriend I can tell you that it likely isn't nymphomania.

It sounds more than likely you ve gotten an addiction out of sexual activity, rather than nymphomania.

As a nymphomaniac, you'd get sudden and strong sexual desires, and you'd get them alot but not to the point where you'd have sex 24/7.

Personally, I'm horny 24/7 - but the actual need for sex varies. It's the same with my girl. Nymphomania is like... Getting an injection that makes you want to have sex right there right then.

Nymphomania isn't as saintly as letting you pick your partner either if you aren't in control over it.
More often than not you'd get that urge and your boy/girl wouldn't be around - you'd simply get the urge to rape someone if you had to.

It differs greatly per person, but nymphomania in and of itself is a booster, and not a constant driving force. Addiction however is.

I hope I've helped you understand a bit more about nymphomania and the way it works, and I hope you can find how it is compared to how you are.

PS. There's no need for a psychologist unless you can't handle it yourself. If you set your mind to it, and ask your bf for help, you'll get a long way.
It's more important to have your bf's support, than someone who gets paid for it - as you know he will truly care. Smile

--------

Off-topic bit for Aly, tie him up in the morning, and awake him in a way he can't say no to. Smile
|
Users who thank Stork91 for this post: cencalcassie805 

replied June 1st, 2012
Thanks a lot! That did help quite a bit! See i didn't really know there was a difference between nymphomania and sex addict, me and my boyfriend actually worked everything out, so I really didn't need a psychologist! We figured out that (because I was mentally abandoned by my family) I had very low self confidence and felt like no one cared about me. And I used having sex with him as a way to feel like I was beautiful and wante and worthy. We have been making a lot of progress in helping me change that about myself, we still have a lot of sex because we don't see that as a problem, but we have been working on my outlook of myself and self worth and confidence and he has helped me tremendously! Thank you for commenting!
|

replied July 1st, 2013
16? Times please
|

replied July 1st, 2013
Were you sexually abused when you were younger?? That is a lot of times to even be able to have sex in a day. Hopefully your boyfriend can still walk:-). Something is driving your need to have sex, or to have an orgasm. When you start going w/o daily necessities to fulfill that desire, than you do have an 'issue'.

I'm not trying to knock you in any way. I'm just suggesting that there is something here that you need to look at, or have looked at professionally. It's normal to be horny, especially at your age, but to 'have to have it' as much as you do...you should go talk to someone, IMO. I would suggest a psychOLOgist/therapist first, before you see a psychIATrist. You'll be suggested medicine if you see the psychiatrist, which you might not need.
|

replied July 1st, 2013
Oh, I didn't read your response above!! Although your boyfriend might be helping you, there are people that do this for a living that might be able to give you more insight. Either way, glad to hear you are 'working it out.
|

replied February 9th, 2015
Wowzer!! This has been fascinating to read seeing as I have never had sex before. I mean I have used a dildo and bullet before to pleasure myself but I have never had sex. Where else have you had sex before? This is very interesting to me!
I also have another problem. when I get upset and cry I cream my knickers and get turned on. I then touch myself until I bleed.
|

replied February 10th, 2015
juliegolds69 wrote:
Wowzer!! This has been fascinating to read seeing as I have never had sex before. I mean I have used a dildo and bullet before to pleasure myself but I have never had sex. Where else have you had sex before? This is very interesting to me!
I also have another problem. when I get upset and cry I cream my knickers and get turned on. I then touch myself until I bleed.

That doesn't sound good. I would definitely talk to someone if your touching yourself to inflict pain upon yourself. doctor
|

replied July 27th, 2015
Re: My boyfriend thinks I'm a nymphomaniac
cencalcassie805 wrote:
Im only 17 years old and my sexual drive is rediculous. I can't ever seem to get enough, I'm always wanting more. Me and my boyfriend had sex 16 times in one day, and I still wanted more. We don't go a day with out having sex at the least 3-5 times. Sometimes I'll neglect to feed myself for a whole day because I spent it having sex with him, sometimes he'll have to remind me "babe lets take a break and eat some food, you should be hungry" there's not really anything that stops me from having sex with him either, if we're in public ill take him to the bathroom, I've even had sex on a blanket behind a bush, I've even had sex with my boyfriend while there were numerous people in the room we just did it secretively so no one would know. If my boyfriend doesn't have sex with me, I'll get mad. The only dreams I have are of sex or masturbating. Sometimes after we had just had sex, as little as 10 minutes after ill want to go again. I don't have sex with anyone else so I'm not worried about my health. I'm just wondering if maybe I should see a psychiatrist for maybe mental issues? My boyfriend and his best friend both say I'm a nymphomaniac, so my question is, am I?
|

replied September 26th, 2015
I have the same situation like you. I cannot get enough. I am 22 and had sooo much sex with sooo many men that I feel ashamed sometimes.
But you are faithful. I hardly have a relation. If I have I still go with others. I need a guy at least each day. If I have no boyfriend I get a guy very often just from the street. I had once 8 guys in one week...it's exhausting. But I cannot help. It's a kick I have seeing a man and seducing him...I must do this. Such a turn on
|

replied December 15th, 2015
Experienced User
Hey Viola22

I honestly can say that I don't know if nymphomania can be classified as a disorder or not. I however still urge you to see a clinician. A psychologist would be appropriate. Also, I advise you to be extra careful when participating on a sexual intercourse. Please use protection and moderate your drive through masturbation. It's safer.
|

replied December 4th, 2015
were you sexually molested as a child? does Bipolar or scitzo run in your family?
|