Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

My boyfriend broke up with me...help!

I am a gay male and I have been in a loving relationship with this guy for almost two years. Last week his father died and I didnt hear from my boyfriend in several days. I felt like I was being pushed away. He finally called me and told me that a long time friend that he had just got back in touch with after many years is going to move in with him and his mother. This friend of his was there for my boyfriend's mother after his father died so my boyfriends mother wanted him to move in. The problems is that my boyfriend told me a few weeks ago that he had had a crush on his friend a long time ago before he met me and that he was tempted to cheat on me after he hit on him. But anyway my boyfriend told me that he just wants to be friends because the death of his father really screwed him up. Im really upset and I dont know what to do. I want to be there for him but at the same time Its a VERY uncomfortable situation being around his friend whom I have never met before. I still love my boyfriend but I know things are already set in motion for him and his friend to start a realtionship. Especially after helping him cope with his father's death. I dont know what to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I would say move on, It is hard, break-ups are always hard. I understand he was honest with you, which is a good thing, communication works wonders and I can understand why you feel the way you do.

My problem with it, is that it seems like he is using his fathers death as a way to break -up with you, it is like a smoke-screen, he didn't want to hurt you but really wanted someone else.

I could be wrong though, good luck though!
|
Users who thank diamondsz for this post: Fairy Godmother  JYoungBear 

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Sorry 2 say this but I think diamondsz is right..
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: Fairy Godmother 

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2008
Supporter
diamondsz and homer get my vote too...........you play second fiddle in no ones band....Move on and you will find someone deserving of you....You are special...You are bound to get your heart really broken if you stay.....I also say walk away from this nasty sitaution and live a good life!
|
Users who thank Fairy Godmother for this post: homerx 

replied October 10th, 2008
Experienced User
Diamondsz hit the nail on the head.

Take your time to be with yourself, and move on. Breakups can be harsh, but remember one thing that is true that he did communicate his feelings presently. People often stay for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. To find someone for a lifetime is a challenge well met.
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2008
Plenty of fish who deserve love in the sea
I agree with everyone here...

My feeling is that you need to move on and find a man worthy of your love.

Best wishes to you.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Breakup
Same thing happened to me and my boyfriend except I found out the hard way. He ran into a old friend and ended up at his house 4 a week before i found out. He says nothing happened but come on! It has been hard for me but after the initial hurt, I have used the pain to draw strength and began to work on myself..Just let him go for a while and work on you.
Then after a cooling off period, you may can be friends.....
|

replied February 13th, 2009
agreeing with all the above.
Its hard to get ova someone but time heals.
You should not be second best to anyone.

Good luck hun. x
|
Quick Reply