Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

My bipolar borfriend dumped me again

He went manic and broke up with me out the blue one day. This was after professing his feelings for me. He said he needed space. He said he was incapable of love and pushes people away. He said he cheated on me. It came out of nowhere. He said a lot. Very out of character behavior. But as hurt as I was, I said I understood and let him be on his way. Then a few days passed and he started to text me again. He became more desperate the more I ignored him in the coming weeks. After almost 3 weeks agreed to see him. He apologized and said it was the illness that made him behave like he did. He told me his life sucked and he isolates himself. He has no friends and life is boring, he misses me and did not want to push me away etc. I forgave him and we got back together. But it was never like it was before. He became distant and irritable. But we still had great times. He introduced me to his family and everything was great. Then he stopped calling, would ignore my calls/texts. Then out of nowhere he would snap back. I refused to see him one night and got distant again. A few days later he told me he had found someone else. He met a girl 2 weeks earlier and he really liked her. After 2 weeks, even though a few days prior he text me saying he missed me and wanted to see me. I felt stupid and hurt again. Why did I take him back in the first place? He said "you are great, I still like you, I always felt amazing with you but I don't want to be with you." I feel like he just used me for sex. Sad I used to be so confident, healthy, pretty. Being with him, I became a nervous wreck. Always walking on eggshells, getting depressed and going nuts! He admitted to cheating on me twice. I hate him now. I feel hollow inside. I can't even cry. I'm just empty. I wonder if he will attempt to come back. When he first broke up with me, I started to do better and at least I had my dignity. this time I feel like a fool. He probably thinks I'm the pathetic one. I was too kind. My energy is low, my friends are sick of hearing about it because they warned me not to go back in the first place. I feel so alone, so used. It's only been 3 days.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper DavidCrown
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Your story is a mirror imagine of mine. Don't feel like a fool. It may have been a bit foolish to believe him, but you loved him and tried to give your relationship a chance. It is his loss. He lost you. Your job now is to make yourself the best person possible. Hang out with your girlfriends and have fun. Don't ever go back to him again. The hurt you feel will subside. It took me awhile, but not being around him was actually better for me. It is best not to see them at all. It gives you hope, but it is self defeating. It's okay to hate him right now too. He did you dirty. I don't care if he is bipolar or not. He treated you with disrespect. You deserve and will find someone better to love. Learn from this.
When I got dumped it broke me spirit and my heart. Then I decided to get even. I pampered myself. Exercised, hung out with positive friends, got healthy and am enjoying a good life. He on the other hand is sitting at home telling everyone he wants me back. The oddity is, I have absolutely no feelings wither way about him. I know I will never knowingly date someone bipolar.
|

replied July 26th, 2012
I'm glad you are doing better! Thanks for your response! It's amazing how so many of us go through this! Men and women alike. The more stories I read I feel like everyone is talking about my relationship. Funny enough, I am eating normal again! My stress level has gone down and I'm already feeling optimistic about the future. I feel "normal". He used to be so amazing. They are always almost too good to be true in the beginning! I'm so glad you are getting on with your life! Like you said, it is his loss and that's the last thing I said to him. He is ruining his own progress by getting high on marijuana 24/7 while taking his meds. It counteracts them. I would also never ever knowingly date a bipolar again! No matter how great the person may seem, if I start to notice the signs I'm out of there!
|