I have the following symptoms which I thought was the flu and when I went to a walk-in clinic I was told there isn't any flu and what I have is a virus and couldn't give me anything to take other than for me to drink plenty of water, rest and take over the counter medications to relief some of the symptoms - it'll take about a week before I feel any better - I want to know if this is true and if so what else can I do because I feel extremely horrible to the point I just want to get into bed and die. I can't remember when was the last time I felt this horrible and my husband has the same symptoms too. My symptoms are: started w/coughing for a day, next day turned into headaches, sinus pressure w/congestion, coughing - minimum, sneezing - minimum, body aches, chills, sweating at night where all of my clothing and sheets were soaked (not every night), low grade fever, and now I have diarrhea. I believe I started w/this on Sunday, December 26 - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! - Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2010
Hello,

Wecome to ehealthforum

Viral infection is not cured by antibiotics and it usually subsides in 7 to 10 days.Rest is vsry important and hyegiene measures like frequent hand washing should be practiced.
Have plenty of water and Vitamin C rich citrus fruits.
Take garlic clove daily as it helps in curing infection.
Take steam inhalation thrice daily.It will help in clearing sinuses and cure cold.
Have enough of fluids and juices to prevent dehydration because of diarrhoea.
Since it is very difficult to comment on net please visit a Physician for a complete examination.

Take Care!

|

replied January 29th, 2012
I agree with frustrations that some flu while not more painful can be more depreesing than others. The one I'm suffering for four day have made me burp non stop for hours with breif breaks in between. But Dr Agawal's advice is state of the art: rest and drinking a lot of water. In a week or two, life will be back to normal.

PSL
|

replied January 29th, 2012
I agree with frustrations that some flu while not more painful can be more depreesing than others. The one I'm suffering for four day have made me burp non stop for hours with breif breaks in between. But Dr Agawal's advice is state of the art: rest and drinking a lot of water. In a week or two, life will be back to normal.

PSL
|
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.