Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Multiple depression symptoms ??

A friend of mine is having multiple symptoms relating to stress, but i'm concerned it might be much more. The obvious symptoms include fatigue, excessive and irational iratability, and panic attacks driving to and from work. He can not stay awake for more than an hour, then its right back into a deep sleep on his desk. The other symptoms that worry me were swelling of his legs from the knee down and he has also developed a hard pea sized lump on his stomach that is very hard, and when he pushes on it, it has the equivalent pain of a bruise. Each day all the symptoms seem to be getting worse. Does this sound like depression or much more? I have encouraged a doctor, but lack of insurance is his excuse.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Do you know if he's getting treatment for his anxiety and panic attacks? IT sounds like he could really use a few weeks off of work to rest!
|

no, he has an excuse for everything that could be beneficial. i finally convinced him to make an appointment at a clinic, but im not sure if he'll actually show up. I think he might need well over a few weeks!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Well, you can only do so much ... and then he will have to meet you halfway. IF he's not concerns, then it might take a real situation to get him motivated, unfortunately. It sounds like you're trying to help, but you know the saying --- you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....