User Profile
So , since yesterday i've noticed multiple bumps around my vagina , I have never noticed them before until then. Their is a few of them almost like genital warts or something like that. Well thats what first came into mind. Its kind of sore every once in awhile, when I was showering and i put soap in that general area and it stung a little. But i looked at pictures on the internet of what genital warts looked like and it was nothing a like but then again the internet can go over board...
im just really scared of what it is...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A25944
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the 'bumps' that you describe without examining you. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your gynecologist for further examination and investigations (vaginal swab/smear test if needed)) to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate would be started to help you (based on examination and investigation results). Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your treating doctor/gynecologist. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes (make sure your undergarments are washed properly and have no traces of detergent in them). If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection and avoid having unprotected intercourse while both of you are on treatment course.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.