Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Multiple Breast Fibroadenomas - best coarse

I am 39 yrs - and living in philadelphia -
Over the last 4 years - they seem to find new fibroadenomas everytime they do ultrasound - they are following them - every 6 months w/Mammo and Ultra. A couple of days ago - I was told the margin of one of them is changed and they need to look at it - with the options - take it out or biopsy - which they are recommending biopsy. They also found 4 cysts (largest 0.75cm).and one other new fibroadenoma at the same time - 2 days ago.

My question and confusion are -

1. With multiple fibroadenomas - is it more likely to miss any precancerous changes?

2. heard about Cryoablation - how successful is it as compared to surgery - interms of recurring or the left tissue (killed tissue?)

the largest mass is 1cm so far. Are precancerous tissues - candidates for cryoablation?
3. Is there a reason - or any predisposition for getting fibroadenomas every few months? There is no family History of cancer in my case.

What are the side-effects/ drawbacks or things I need to consider for cryoablation - of fibroadenomas? Could I get them without biopsy?

I am kind of lost and would appreciate someone to help me answer these questions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2012
Cryoablation
If you are interested in learning more about cryoablation, you can visit www.icecure-medical.com.There are many other sites that will give you information. Talk to your doctor about your options.
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2012
Experienced User
don't be upset. you will feel better when your treatment was over. in start we feel every thing too much out of control. but doctor can help you more.
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....