Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Mulluscum Contagiosum on our pelvic/groin area?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My boyfriend and I have recently been diagnosed with Mulluscum Contagiosum on our pelvic/groin area. His is much worse than mine and the dr said that most likely i got it from him since he has a lot more bumps and clusters, i only have 4 bumps. I have read that this is considred a STD in adults. I am 56 & my bf is 67. I have not been with anyone else but my bf in 10 months. Does this mean that he has most likely been unfaithful.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A19709
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Molluscum contagiosum can get spread via many routes. Skin to skin contact, via sexual contact, contact with infected objects like towels, clothes, in patients with weakened immune system due to any viral infection, spread is also known to happen in swimming pools too. Hence the infidelity or unfaithfulness of your partner cannot be based on the infection status.
Consider getting both treated aggressively to get the lesions under control. Visit a dermatologist for further management and regular follow-up to prevent spread and re-infection after treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.