Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Muffled hearing and ringing in the ears after ear tube surgery..

User Profile
I am a 44 year old female and had ear tube surgery 2 days ago (Chronic sinus / ear issues). Since then, my hearing is muffled and I have a loud ringing in my ears. I have a follow up appt next week, but I want to know if this is a normal part of the healing process or if there is something wrong. If so, what could the problem be? If it is temporary, how long before it goes away? I am flying in a few weeks and I had the surgery to avoid the intense pain I felt last time I flew. But I think I would rather take the pain that not being able to hear very well and this annoying ringing. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 9th, 2013
This has happened to me as well although I didn't have the tube just the myringotomy? Does this ringing and muffled hearing ever stop or have I been permanently damaged by this. This is week four. I'm really scared, please contact me.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....