May 2011 I was diagnosed with vertigo. 2 months later titinitus and partial hearing loss. In December went to ER because half of my body went numb and was dizzy. Brain MRI and bloodwork were normal. After a few days numbness was gone. A month and a half ago was very dizzy, off balance, foggy headed,weak, and started to have shakes and twitching in my back that would jolt my whole body as if I had hic-ups. GP ordered another MRI and basic blood work, again normal. Refered to neurologist who ran more bloodwork and cervical spine MRI. After a few weeks twitching is practically gone and occasional dizziness, but other symptoms still here. The bloodwork showed slightly low on B12 (333), and slightly anemic. Neurologist gave me B12 injection which made me very sick to stomach, dizzy, and tired. I think the anemia is actually caused by very heavy period which I will be seeing gyno for next week. ENT, GP, and Neurologist all seem baffled and keep doing this wait and see approach. I know something is wrong! I can't play with my kids and I try not to drive because I feel so out of it. I have meclizine for dizziness when need it and vitamins, but no other medications. I had a tubal in Nov of 09, and 4 c-sections prior to that. I also have had undocumented restless leg syndrome that mainly occurred when body was very tired, and now I have it more frequently and in my arms as well. I also have started getting sharp pains in my elbows and ankles. I have never had medical problems aside from headaches and now I feel I'm falling apart. I am 35. Please help with any suggestions of what I should ask doctors to look for!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Valentijn
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2012
I currently have ME/CFS, and also had the half-body numbness several years before I got sick. It was diagnosed as a very rare migraine, but I've run into other people with ME/CFS that had the same thing.

But it's hard to tell if it's just a deficiency or ME/CFS. In my case, supplementing with folic acid made the "migraine" go away almost immediately, after it had lasted 3 weeks. With ME/CFS, there will be Post-exertional malaise, which is basically getting very sick after exertion.

If it is ME/CFS, it's incurable, and the best way to keep symptoms down is with pacing (being very careful about how active you are), and various supplements. Magnesium might help with muscle twitching, and hydroxy-B12 and fish oil might help with pain.
|

replied August 10th, 2012
I honestly did not think that ME/CFS could have so many of these factors. I posted thinking that may cover the tiredness I feel. My fiance thinks that ME/CFS is not a real diagnosis....looking at all the symtoms i seem to fit in there. I of course am still hoping for something else treatable that may make me feel like myself again and not needing a nap after just doing the dishes or walking up the stairs.I will definitely ask my doctors about this being a possibility as they seem to have ran out of tests for me! Thank you.
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2012
It's a common misconception Very Happy It helps if you ignore the CDC site or the Oxford definition, and read the Canadian Consensus Criteria or International Consensus Criteria. It is a real diagnosis, but some psychologists have been successful in equating "chronic fatigue syndrome" with "chronic fatigue" or even "fatigue", which are both very simple and much more common. This is why calling it "Myalgic Encephalomyelitis" and searching under that name can be much more useful.
|
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....