Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Diagnostics & Test Results Forum

MRI Results Help me understand the sinus part of the results

Please help me understand the sinus part of the results.

EXAM: MRI brain and orbits with and without contrast.

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar multisequence MRI brain and orbits was performed with and without contrast.

COMPARISON: Orbit CT from 03/24/2019.

HISTORY: Blurred vision and right facial numbness

FINDINGS:
The globes and orbits are intact with no evidence for mass lesion or enlarged extraocular muscles. There is no significant proptosis. The anterior chamber, vitreous, and lens are normal bilaterally. The orbital apices and chiasm are unremarkable. The superior ophthalmic veins are symmetric and not enlarged. The optic nerves are normal with no abnormal enhancement or edema. There is no mass lesion or inflammation in the intraconal or extraconal orbits. The lacrimal glands are normal. There are no orbital stigmata of intracranial hypertension. The cavernous sinuses show symmetric enhancement.

There is no acute intracranial abnormality. Specifically there is no hemorrhage or mass or hydrocephalus or subdural or other abnormal extra-axial fluid collection. There is no diffusion restriction, chronic cortical ischemia or evidence of demyelination. There is no abnormal signal in the subarachnoid spaces to suggest altered CSF protein content. There is no pathologic enhancement. The leptomeninges and dura are normal. Susceptibility weighted sequence demonstrates no chronic micro-hemorrhages. Brain parenchyma, ventricles and sulci are normal.

There is no mass or abnormal enhancement in the sella. The corpus callosum demonstrates normal morphology. There is no migrational anomaly or tonsillar ectopia. The visualized flow voids of the circle of Willis are normal with no focal stenosis, aneurysm, slow flow or vascular malformation. The dural sinuses are widely patent. There is no abnormal enhancement in the internal auditory canals. The remainder of the visualized cranial nerves demonstrate no focal abnormality. There is no significant fluid in the mastoid air cells. The paranasal sinuses demonstrate some membrane thickening but no air fluid levels. There are no acute calvarial abnormalities.

IMPRESSION:
1. Negative MRI of the orbits with no evidence for acute inflammation or proptosis or enlargement of the extraocular muscles.
2. No acute intracranial abnormality. Specifically there is no demyelination or abnormal enhancement or mass.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its normal report however, clinical correlation is needed.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diagnostics & Test Results , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.