Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

mouth ulcer sire throat chills and right hand fatique.

User Profile
Haii doctor I have done a sex with a sex worker on 14 th of nov with all precautions. But I have doubt the condom has been broken or not. After 2 days of exposure I feel so much of tired and all the things so I have visited a doctor for the tired and all the things so he told me its of climatic cobdition its really cold that time in UAE. On 28 th of nov I have done a hiv blood test it comes negative to me. So I feel happy to me after 2 days I feel so much of tired hand paining sore throat chills and rashes in my chest also. After 5 days the rashes has been went of now I am having mouth ulcer sire throat chills and right hand fatique.

So whether I have to check for blood test once again or not or its of ckimatoc conditions. Plz reply soon because I am feeling so much of afraid of it.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2015
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A55356
Welcome to e health forum.

First and foremost, you need to know that Sex with every person does not cause HIV (even in case of sex workers, she has to be infected before she can pass it on to you).

Even in case a person has sex with a infected person, the chances of contracting the infection would be as follows.
Risk of acquiring HIV are as follows:
A. Female-to-male transmission is 0.04% per act and
B. Male-to-female transmission is 0.08% per act.
C. The rate for receptive anal intercourse is much higher, 1.7% per act

Since your exposure was protected, the risk of infection would be negligible. Hence there is no need to worry.

Most likely cause of your symptoms would be due to common viral infections (common cold) which are common when you come in close contact (as during handshakes during meetings, kissing, sexual intercourse, etc) with new individuals, when nasal or oral secretions can be passed on to infect others.

Every person would carry various pathogens on his person. This may be on the skin or in his secretions (nasal, skin, etc). The person would have immunity to such bacteria, as a result of long term association. But if a different person comes into contact with him, the germs (bacteria or viruses) may be transmitted to them and they may develop symptoms as they may not be immune to the particular strain of virus/ bacteria.

The best way to avoid such instances and mental anguish related to them would be to avoid practice monogamy (have a single and trust worthy sex partner). In a monogamous couple, since both the partners are used to each other’s company, the chances of either of you getting infected and becoming symptomatic would be less likely.

Most of these cases improve on their own within a few days without treatment. Some measures like adequate rest, anti-inflammatory medications (advil, tylenol), good diet can help in recovery.

If the symptoms are severe and troubling, consulting your doctor for proper prescription medications (including antibiotics- if required) can help you recover.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.