For the last few days, I've been having these mosquito-like spots all over my stomach and lower back. Some of them are on my upper back as well. They are red, and a bit itchy. They are all over, but not on my face, arms or legs fortunately.

I want them to go away, and I'm not sure where I got it from. It looks a little bit like the chicken pox as well, which isn't becuase I already had them.

Also, they dont' seem to be contagious becuase my daughter sleeps with me every night and are not getting them.

Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

It is difficult to diagnose a insect bite online.

You might consult a dermatologist or your doctor for proper advice.

In the meantime, taking ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation and benadryl to relieve the itching might be helpful.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.