Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

6 mos post injury, thyroid's out if control, sugar is 300

My thyroid was diagnosed. In 2001 it has struggled to be good. I had one Dr that got my thyroid lined out for over 3 years and then lost insurance and had to go to a little clinic that wad in a sliding scale. I had taken 300mcg and the Dr. There decided to reduce med to 150mcg he said it was to high for someone my age and I should not have been on that high of a dose. After that my thyroid got worst and I switched Dr ay the clinic and she played with meds and could never get it in a good range. She accused me of not taking my meds. Well I manage to get insurance again and git a new Dr and she was really trying to help and I had to leave the area when I left my husband. Now I am back with a nurse practioner that is trying to help and. My latest results where 70.56 where a normal. Thyroid should be .45 to 4.5. this is 6 months after I received a head injury when I was hit really really hard with a motorcycle helmet with enough force I flew back against wall hitting back of head. The helmet hit front temple. I have Visio loss and. Massive headache 24/7 with no release of the pain. And now my blood sugar is over 300 and. Before injury I was a tendency for low sugar. The current Dr now has me on 350mcg and I am have problems with. My period where I will flood fir months at a time. Please help. I am scared and depressed. And tired of being in pain and it seems worker comp Dr doesn't believe me I am now seeing a neurologist and amatripaline 75 mg isn't helping now like it did alittle a first and I had to be reduced from 100 mg iwas having bad side effects..i have lost all independence and can't drive, and have. To have help with all ADLs.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....