Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

15 mos. pain, exploratory surgery, every test...

User Profile
I started having very sharp stabbing pains in the left lower abdominal over 15 months ago. Any kind of movement I make it hurts. I had exploritory surgery where I had some lisons removed and was told I have endometriosis. I think my dr's have done every test possible. I have gone to OB/GYN and had bladder treatments and vaginal nerve blocks. I also have had nerve blocks in my back. Nothing seems to work. I have gotten worse in the 15 months. My whole body hurts now. I can't walk up and down stairs or drive very often. I go to pt for Pelvic Floor disfunction and that hasn't helped any. The pain clinic has me on about 12 pills. I have been off work now for 15 months and am loosing valuable time with my kids because I cannot due much. I have previous ovian cyst, but that has been checked. I had triplets 10 years ago, I didn't know if that had anything to do with it. I asked for a hysterectomy and they said not now. Of course I now suffer from anxiety. Any Suggestions, please?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2013
Abdominal Pain Answer A44074
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If endometriosis is has been diagnosed, and symptoms are severe/worsening, do not delay in the further treatment or surgery for removal of endometriosis implants/growths/cysts, scars, adhesions. Post-surgery, women have better recovery and long term relief if treatment is combined with regression therapy with use of hormones. Endometriosis symptoms can persist or recur if estrogen production or supplementation is present. Symptoms can also persist if there has been deep retroperitoneal endometriosis (as these places are not easily reachable with conventional laparoscopy). If worried, you may also consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist before deciding on further treatment plan. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.