Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Morning after pill and birth control

i'm 21-years-old,and I have been taking birth control for a few months. Just about a week ago sunday, I had sex during the 7 day brake that is recommended when taking birth control. It happened so that my b.f came inside of me, and I took a morning after pill, my question is that would I have my period for this month? or is it a possibility that I could be pregnant?
I need someones help
sincerely desperate.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2009
Community Volunteer
No need to take Plan B when taking Birth Control...the 7 day break is when you should expect your period.
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2009
Experienced User
You are protected all day every day equally as long as you take one pill every day. You are just as protected during your placebo week as any other day of the month. A problem only arises if you extend your placebo week past 7 days; then hormone levels can drop very low, causing you to ovulate and possibly conceive.

You really had no need to take Plan B.
But don't freak out if you don't get your period or your cycle is a little weird! Plan B is a very large amount of hormones in one pill, and it can cause your cycle to get very thrown off. You may have a period when you're not supposed to, you may have breakthrough bleeding for a while, and you may even not get your period when you are supposed to. NONE of these things mean you are pregnant! It just means your cycle needs time to get back to normal, in fact, as many as 3 months to resume its regular course.

Plan B is very effective; and since you are also taking OCs, your chance of pregnancy is so very very very slim. In my opinion, there is little to no chance you are pregnant.
If you want, you can take a test and get an accurate result 17-18 days after sex. Good luck, but I'm sure you'll be fine.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....