Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

2 more sets of the strange looking bumps?

User Profile
Two days ago, I woke up an after showering noticed 2 bumps on my vagina in the labia area. They are very close together, and feel hard, like a mosquito bite. Today when I woke up, I have 2 more sets of the strange looking bites in the same general area. They look like mosquito bites, with skin missing in the center of the bump. Could these be spider or bug bites, or something more serious?? I dont think it could be an STD, but I'm starting to get paranoid! Advice please!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2011
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A20385
Hello and welcome to eHealth forum!

The lumps could be swollen lymph nodes, Bartholin cysts, genital warts or herpes. If you are sexually active, then take a STD test and see. These can also be boils from infection of hair follicles especially if you have diabetes or a family history of same. Hence it is important to check for diabetes too.

Please consult your gynecologist regarding this as a confirmed diagnosis is not possible on net. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.