Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Mood swings and teenagers

User Profile
im worried there is something wrong with me, my moods change horribly from happy and excited to a sudden downfall and i feel horribly upset, my moods can change in a second and i feel really depressed. I would say i cry almost daily about things that are not important and i feel that my change in moods and being upset is causing me to not work my regular standards on my college work, i also get very angry very easily but i dont take it out on people or myself, i usually throw things. I dont know if it is normal for someone of my age but i feel that i need to talk to someone to check if i am okay. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2010
Teens Answer A11479
Thanks for using this forum.

I think it's quite normal at your age to have mood swings, especially when you are learning about the ways of the world. Don't stress yourself about being abnormal.

You should visit a psychiatrist and pour your heart out to him. It will definitely change your situation. Certain drugs will also help.

Talk to your friends about it and ease your guilt.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Teens , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.