Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

mood disorder and mild add

I have been diagnosed with having major mood disorder and mild add, however I have tried everything from prozac to what I just started recently wich is celexa and I am still having irritibility issues and crasy behavior like gambling away money I cant afford to lose and not being able to pay rent on time as a result! this sort of thing happens to me quite alot! you can say I,m an addict but I take everything to the limit! I get extremely depressed and have intense feelings of guilt as a result of my behavior! the last time I saw a shrink was over 5 years ago and when I was a child I was hit by a car and in a coma for 48 hours almost died! I coulnt remember what happened before being struck until recently I have memories of lying in the middle of the road before hand! as achild I was not a happy camper! I am trying to get things sorted out correctly for myself what do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2008
hello jimmy,
can you be more specific about the input that you need? do you see a doctor in ordinary basis? im asking cause you said that you are on some meds now.
|

replied August 31st, 2008
me again!
Thank you for reading my descriptive! I just want input from people as to weather or not they think based on what iv,e described I am bipolar? I have had visits will a doctor regularly in the past but not for over 5 years! I am just thinking I have been diagnosed wrongly? I know most of you are not in the position to give a diagnosis I am just asking for opinions and advice! at one time I was given clonasapam becouse of anxiety I hear that can be a bipolar med? anyway it aint fun going through withdrawls from them! please I am trying to get a clearer picture of what I can do to help myself more The doctor isnt god and not allways right! Embarassed
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2008
hi jimmy,
i cannot give you a diagnosis, but if you wanna know more about bd you can read forum's posts, search in google, even in youtube you can find some videos that they are describing bd.
|

thats cool!
thanks for youre reply! take it easy!
|

Experienced User
If you are still spending out of control, and gambling then I think you need to tell the doctor and get your medications adjusted so you can stop that spending.

Also it would not hurt for you to see a counselor and ask for help starting a budget.

I am bipolar and have had spending problems in the past, but I use to work for a credit bureau and it makes me a little more careful then most people when it comes to spending money.

Good luck to you.
|

Hi and thanks for youre thoughts! I just think that I am dealing with something bigger than youre average everyday mood swing if there is such a thing? and the family doctor just recently found out about my suicidal act as a child because it had been repressed!
|

User Profile
Supporter
hi jimmyj66 and welcome!

it is possible what u r describing is bp disorder. but like redhata, i can't diagnose you. i can tell you that i am bp and have gone through your mental health experiences and then some. it is very painful. some people with bp can be more depressed than manic... like me. hope this helps!
|

Yeah I guess thats why I was diagnosed origonally with having major mood disorder, because of allways being depressed! I dont get that there is much of adifference in the 2? I guess if if I walked around thinking that I am possesed by the spirit of jim morrison or something it would probably become more of a posability that I was bipolar?
|

replied September 4th, 2008
RE BIPOLAR>
I dont mean it to appear as if I am making fun of anyone! I am making fun of myself because I think I am crasy!!
|

replied September 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: me again!
jimmyj66 wrote:
Thank you for reading my descriptive! I just want input from people as to weather or not they think based on what iv,e described I am bipolar? I have had visits will a doctor regularly in the past but not for over 5 years! I am just thinking I have been diagnosed wrongly? I know most of you are not in the position to give a diagnosis I am just asking for opinions and advice! at one time I was given clonasapam becouse of anxiety I hear that can be a bipolar med? anyway it aint fun going through withdrawls from them! please I am trying to get a clearer picture of what I can do to help myself more The doctor isnt god and not allways right! Embarassed

First of all, I think you are a faker. If you'r wondering what it is like to be Bipolar, listen to us that are. And futhermore, learn how to use spellcheck. If you are looking for help, you not going to get it unless you go get it! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2008
Supporter
there is a huge difference from having major depressive disorder to having bipolar disorder! i was misdiagnosed for 10 years as having MDD. i was in a living hell. now i take meds for bipolar and i am even. you really need to do some research. go buy the DSM book... puzzld
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...