Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

7 months no period-been to the doctor 3 times?

Hello, i'm 22 years old,this is the second time in 2 years that I have not had my monthly for a months. The first year was for 5 months,this second time around its been 7 months. I have been to the doctors 3 times.I have never gotten a re-apply back.Is there something really wrong with me???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Southeastrnmontana
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The periods in the initial time after start can be irregular with long gaps of time in between. This happens due to the period cycles being ‘anovulatory’ (when there is no egg release from your ovary). With time it slowly turns to ‘ovulatory’ cycles (with egg release) and the bleeding gets regularized.
If you are still worried about not getting your periods in a regular pattern, meet your healthcare provider/gynecologist and request for a detailed examination and investigations (hormonal tests and ultrasound scan) to find if there are any underlying causes for you not getting your periods regularly.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.