User Profile
hy i have for more then 18 months frequently urinal infections..(i feel pain when i go to toilette,ad some time i have some blood in my urine, i feel i need to pee every 30 min, and some time i feel some pain in my back), i"ve been to GP and they give to me antibiotics, for a week was ok but after i finish to take them my urinal infections appears again, i took nitrofuration, trimetroprim, ciprofloxacin. Every time i made a urine test the doctor says that i have a bacteria in my urine but they don't know exactly what it is. i made a flexible cystoscopy, i been to a gynecologist,i made all test for transmissible diseases, and everything is ok.. i would like to know which test i can make to find the reason for my infections, because every time i go to my GP they say that in normal, so i don't need to worry.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A23651
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Pain during urination along with occasional blood can be due to various reasons as Kidney infection,bladder infection,stones,trauma,endometriosis of bladder etc.Since the symptoms are present inspite of repeated medications it could be indicative of anu underlying abnormality.Cystoscopy which you had is done to see the bladder so that possibility is ruled out.
Consider visiting a Urologist and get investigations as USG scan(to rule out any Kidney stones)Urine culture and Blood tests done to rule out the exact cause.In case of any suspicion of Kidney disease you can get a Intravenous Pyelogram done which is an X ray of the Urinary Tract.
Hope it helps,

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.