Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

2 months and i didn't get my usual bleeding

User Profile
Doctors by this month last become 2 months and i didn't get my usual bleeding period,got 2 negative blood test also,So can i ask from my own side for ultrasound scan?It creates any problem now because pregnancy not confirmed?I want to know about my periods and why this happened?I f pregnant then why not showing?Ultrasound scan is good now?please reply me

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2012
Am I Pregnant Answer A33648
Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the absence of periods or amenorrhea that you are having. If serum HCG test is negative then it is unlikely that you are pregnant. However confirmation can be done with an ultrasound uterus.

If pregnancy is ruled out, then other causes of delayed periods need to be looked into. It can happen because of hormonal imbalance, increased stress, eating disorder, increased smoking, alcohol or caffeine use and medical conditions like PCOS, fibroid, polyps and endometriosis. So my suggestion would be to consult a gynecologist and get an ultrasound uterus done. Not only it clears the status of pregnancy but also can help in diagnosing medical conditions causing delayed periods.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.