Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

10 Months After Accident and Extremely Exhausted All the Time

User Profile
I was in a really bad accident 10 months ago; having emergency surgery, then 6 months after, I had to go in for another surgery. Still dealing with pain, but I'm also dealing with extreme exhaustion.

At first I thought it was just from the injury sustained, as-well as the additional surgery. But it's been 4 months since my last surgery, and a total of 10 months since I got hurt, but I am to the point of crying as I don't know what to do?

I just recently had an extensive blood panel done, and things came back within normal. It's really effecting my life, my work, etc.

~Becca
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2014
Try B12 sublingual and coffee and let me know if that helps. I have had chronic fatigue for a while and MDs will just say you are depressed. Let me know how it works.
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2014
Experienced User
@ youngEDSufferer - I started drinking more coffee, simply to keep my eyes open, as I just sit there and daze all day at work. On my days off, it's a struggle to get up and do anything; which I usually do some basic and essential thing's then call it a day. This is so not like me.

I also have been on anti-depressants for my PTSD from my accident; which seems to make me even more exhausted. I started taking them at night, still horribly tired. I am going to stop taking them, but I have to slowly stop.

Also, I have an appointment with my Primary Care Doc, as I can't stand feeling this exhausted!! I'll keep you posted.
~Becca
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2015
Experienced User
@ youngEDsufferer - Well It's now the beginning of June, and my fatigue and pain are horrible. I'm being treated with my doctor for the pain, and she seems' to believe the chronic pain is causing the fatigue!? I honestly don't know, but it's scary how my life is spiraling out of control!! I'm missing lots of work lately, from of the pain, and fatigue. Not sure what to do at this point!!!! =(

Becca
|

replied July 22nd, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
Visit with your Dr and ask for blood work checking their normal things..........and check for vitamins that are low...........especially potassium, b12 and lots of others.
|
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....