Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

10 month old mumbling and laughing at bed time

User Profile
My wife and I have been putting our 10 month old to bed at or around 6:30 - 7 pm, but when he's in his crib all he does is cry some, laugh some, mumble some and bounced a lot. We took everything out of his crib, we bath him and feed him before bed, but this is what he does. When he's at the sitters for 8 hours he only naps one time and for maybe 2 hours. I'm pissed about that too, but that's something else. Sometimes, well, more often than not he wakes up during the night. We tried letting him cry it out, but when it goes on for an hour I get him and make a bottle. Then he eats and goes back to sleep. After a few whines and cries he's dead asleep. Can I get some input from someone who has a child and who has had a similar problem? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
sounds as though he might not be ready for bed and has some energy to burn. If the routine isn't working after a good bit of time being consistant with it, it needs to change. babies, infants, toddlers, children and teens all need to be on a schedule. There will be times when not being on one is a must, but for the most part, it makes for happy children and happy parents. a few questions, what time does he wake up in the morning? when he wakes up,(Lets say it is 7 or 7:30am) have breakfast together, have some play time, a nap maybe 3 hrs after he wakes(10 or 10:30) for no more than 2 hrs. wake up have lunch, play, take a walk, get outside until about (3/ 3:30) another nap until around 5:00. then dinner, play time, bath, a book, quiet time, nothing too stimulating. try putting him to bed at 8pm. Have a routine that you do to get ready for night time, keep up with it and he will learn your routine and become a better sleeper and less fussy. good luck Smile
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
My niece had the same symtoms when she was an infant. My sister has 3 kids and noticed the baby was acting a little stranger than the others. Now the same baby is 4 years old and is diagnosed with Autism 2 years ago. She is placed in a special school.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....